Students & Alumni
Here are the information that are helpful to the students and alumni:
- Quaterly Advising Schedule
- This is information pertaining to the quarterly advising schedule for the current schedule. For the detailed advising schedule visit Quaterly Advising Schedule
- Departmental Scholarships
- Department of Plitical Science offers several departmental scholarship to the current students. For further detail about the scholarships available and their requirements. Please visit Departmental Scholarships
- Job Interview Preparation
- Career Options
- Graduates in Political Science are prepared for a variety of careers Many go on to law school and become attorneys. Others teach government in public schools, pursue further graduate study in government, international relations, public administration, policy studies, business or management. Many work in private and non-profit agencies dealing with regulatory issues and public entities. Some enter the fields of print and broadcast journalism or work in foreign service jobs with the State Department and other government agencies in the U.S. or overseas. Some run for public office or take public sector jobs at the federal, state, and local levels as officials, agency managers, policy analysts, or staff members.Please visit Career options website.
- Jobs and Internships
- Student from the plitical science department can gain valuable hands-oon experiences through internships. The resources on Jobs and Internships page provide you with links to jobs as well as internships websites, as well as job websites. In the case of internships, review the descriptions carefully and make sure you follow departmental guidelines before pursuing the internship. Visit Internships page for detail information.
- Pi Sigma Alpha
- The Articles of Incorporation of Pi Sigma Alpha state as one of its purposes "to stimulate scholarship and intelligent interest in political science." The society functions at the national level, sponsoring programs and events of value to the profession and teaching of political science, and at the chapter level. Each chapter is encouraged to provide a framework for enriching the exposure of its members and the wider university community to the study of government and issues of public concern..Please visit Pi Sigma Alpha website.